OASIS ANNUAL SPRING CELEBRATION 5/19/18
“Marrying Later in Life”
Daily Action Plan for Staying Grounded in Christ in a Waiting Season
by Cindy Galdal-Ruperto
- Put God first in your life above all else with daily Bible reading and prayer.
“Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.” Matt. 6:33
- Nurture and care for your heart by having your deepest needs met by God. He created you to need and want acceptance, security, identity, purpose and love so that He could give them to you. Whether married or single look to Him to meet these needs. Invest time into an ever deepening relationship with Him.
“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of your life.” Prov. 4:23
- Change your source. You may know Jesus as Lord and Savior, but do you know Him as Life? This is a moment by moment decision to trust Him for everything.
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Gal. 2:20
- Before you can trust God you must come to the end of yourself and the end of your resources. This is called brokenness. Do you realize that living independently of God is sin? Which verse describes you and the way you live?
“But they will be held guilty, They whose strength is their god.” Hab. 1:11 Or
“Blessed is the man whose strength is in Thee…” Psalm 84:5
- The root of all temptation is to deceive us into meeting our needs independently of God. In our season of waiting the devil will offer us counterfeits or idols that we can look to for false comfort in place of God. This could be sex without marriage, food, drugs, people, workaholism, etc. It could be socially acceptable or not.
“But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.” 2 Cor. 11:3
- All bondage is rooted in the lie there is no way out. But God always provides a way.
“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Cor. 10:13
- Pray for discernment to know the difference between the voice of the Shepherd and the voice of the butcher. The Shepherd restores, comforts and guides. The butcher condemns, frightens and accuses. Read Psalm 23 to learn how the Lord wants to minister to you as your Shepherd. Give Him time to speak to you and obey Him.
- Being on the dating scene longer than expected can be discouraging. Hope is the birthright of every child of God.
“I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the Land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27:13
- Don’t let failed relationships keep you stuck in the past.
“For though the righteous falls seven times, they rise again…” Prov. 24:16
- Rejection is often God’s protection. A Biblical mindset is vital.
“’For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” Jer. 29:11
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you in those you date what you cannot see on your own.
“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Sam 16:7
- Has the devil convinced you you won’t be happy unless you are married? Has marriage become an idol to you?
“The joy of the Lord is your strength.” Neh. 8:10
- Talk to God all day long. Bring everything to Him. Enjoy being with Him.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight.” Prov.3:5-6.
Say this prayer daily out loud to remind yourself that the Creator of the universe is in control. You have a new life in Christ that is not centered on what you can do. But on what He can do through you. Step out in faith wherever you go and rest in Him!
“David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, ‘Praise be to you, O LORD, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.’” 1 Chron. 29:10-12.
Resources To Help You “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power” Eph. 6:10.
PDF of this article: Action Plan May, 2018
Copyright by Cindy, 2018. Cindy@CompleteinChrist.com